Clock Frequencies lower that what its set to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vybuni

Daemon Poster
When im trying to squeeze a little bit more performance out of my RAM, something strange happens.
If I set the clock frequency really low ( on a 4 or 5 multiplier), but the HTT to about 240-250, and i dont use a divider, I can boot up fine. I look in cpuz and the RAM is at DDR480-500.
I know my CPU is capable of near 3GHz speeds, so its not the CPU thats holding me back.
When I try to set the HTT to 240 and the multi to 11, it boots up fine, but when i check in cpuz, it says that the HTT is only at 210MHz :mad:.
This happens every time, ive tried tweaking some of the settings but nothing helps. Ive loosened the timings on the RAM, no luck. Ive increased the voltages, nothing. It wont boot using the settings i defined. When I look in the CMOS, the settings are as I set them, 240HTT, 1:1 divider, 11x multi, etc.
If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this please let me know.:mad:

PS: My specs are in my sig, but its kinda small, so here are the main parts: CPU=3700 sandy Mobo=Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D
Here is the RAM i use. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231034
I realize that 2gig kits arent the best overclockers but i know other people have gotten DDR500 out of this kit and i can do it without my CPU interfering.

Well, did you try looking in another program? CPU-Z has lied to me before. Check out your frequencies in EVEREST Home Edition.

Ryan

I used to have the same problem with my cheap ram. I was able to get my CPU @ 2.7GHz with the ram set at 100MHz, but for some reason when I looked in Cpu-z my ram was running at 150MHz instaed of 200Mz. I don't know what was up with that.

Ok, I set the HTT at 245, no divider, and cpu as low as it can go
When i look in CPUZ it tells me that i have the RAM at 245MHz, the same as my HTT.
When I look in everest or CPUid, it says the same for the HTT and CPU freq, but it says that the Memory is at 200MHz...... Everest and CBid are telling the truth, i think, because it has my RAM at the timings i set it to 2.5-3-2-0

Well we have the same chip and my HTT is set at 245 and it says my memory is at 245 mhz also...So how are you supposed to calculate the memory's frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom