Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
I have a Raidmax 868 Scorpio case and was just wondering what the best ways of keeping the case clean and dust free. I know of compressed air, but what else does everyone use on the outside of the case to keep it shiny?

Also, what about keeping keyboards, mice, and other parts clean? What does everyone use?

Compressed air and a small shopvac to get out all the dust. Once every 3 months I take out the fans with the exception on the powersupply and clean the blades and shroud with denatured alcohol. I have a problem with dust here, so cleaning is nessary. Just be careful you don't damage any componets while cleaning.

When I clean my case, I usually take my drives out and all my PCI cards, and just use a air compressor(with the PSI lowered) and blow it out. Then every once in a while I will take the fans out and clean them seperately.

i use this stuff called endust for computers. I use it on the outside of my case, monitor, insides of my case and everything else. As for my fanfilters, i just use a regular vaccum and clean them. For any dust that is inside my case, i use a vacuum. But i mean if you get fan filters THere the best for keeping dust out. About every 2 weeks i clean them out and there loaded with dust. I would defently reccomend them.

try taking scotch brite pads, and if they are too thick, then peel off a layer. you can use these as filters. if you still get decent airflow with the full pad, then use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom