Choosing a UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontStealMyFish

Baseband Member
Im looking into getting a UPS for my system, the thing is, im not sure which one to get to power my system, im using a 680 watt power supply, nvidia 6800 ultra vid card, 17 inch lcd monitor, id like it to power the router and cable modem too if possible. im not sure what i should get that could handle this and any suggestions would be very helpful. thanks.

I've read in a couple magazines about power strips and Uninterruptible Power Supplies. There's not a great way to judge them... Stick with the more well-known brands. Keep in mind, you get what you pay for. The more you spend, more than likely, you'll get a better UPS.

Ryan

APS is the brand most companies and LAN managers use to protect their equipment. I would say go with what the pros use if you want a good brand in this area. Also, they have some decent models for home/small office use that are under the $100 price point.

i was jsut wondering if i shoudl look for a certain wattage or VA to handle my equipment. i know if u underpower equipment it can damage it so i wasnt sure. Oh and did you mean APC? you said APS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom