Which to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
I decided i will go with an Athlon 64 Processor (which version i am unsure yet).

The shop near me, isn't that good but it's properly the best one around me. Which one do you suggest i should get? Also remember I'm from the UK, so i won't be able to get the nice new stuff that the Americans get...

Processors to choose from:

1. Gigabyte GA-K8NS - £75.20 inc. VAT
2. ASUS K8V/GD - £82.25 inc. VAT
3. MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R - £88.13 inc. VAT

Not much to choose from, i know... but thats all they've got. Out of them possibly, which one is the best? and worth its money?

Why is this all they got? Is because you live in the UK and are limited to stores that'll ship? Try to get the MSI Neo2-Platinum other than that out of those 3 you have there I suggest MSI. Good stable boards and real easy to trouble shoot with moderate BIOS settings. ASUS sucks now a days and has gone down hill in quality and unless you speak taiwanese tech support sucks. Gigabyte also I believe does not support the latest, fatest, and lowest latencies so in this case MSI is your best choice. Another good alternative is the ABit AV8-3rd Eye.

He should strive to get socket 939 not 754. 939 will be a bit extra but it'll be worth it in the long run. I didn't say all ASUS boards will not run on arrival, but they just suck in my opinion. Now a days especially. I had a board and tried putting in a new Graphics card and they said it was my graphics card and to return it....funny that when I get a new motherboard the card runs fine .....anyway..they bug me now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom