Chipset cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok so im getting more stuff for my watercooling soon and i was wondering if it is really a compleate waste to get a chipset cooler. the reson i say this is because if i have had my pc on for more than a short while the chipset on my mb is probly hot enough to almost burn me, and it heats up the whole back end of both video cards to a very high temp as well. while i dont think they affect the core temp much i would still like to possibly cool that. is there any point to this? i heard that there is if you oc much at all even.

also the one i will be ordering in a month or so is a dd 12v pump the blue one dont know number right now, 2 maze4 gpu blocks, the asus a8n chipset cooler, and a amd tbx block would this work well? i added it up on the dd site and it came to about 400 which is sorta spendy but i dont know what to do to make it any less and that is without fans too:(

Just get something like the microcool northpole chipset cooler from www.sidewindercomputers.com, water cooling it is pointless really and will just put more heat into the water.

Those blocks will be perfect for your system, it's exactly what I got ;)

blocks.jpg

Brass top is for amd64 when I upgrade to it, the clear acetal top is for my current XP

Don't know how you got $400 though

$75 - pump
$50x2 - 2 MAZE4's
$50 - TDX

That's $225......oh and I guess $75 for a weaponcore makes $300 unless you're getting that black ice extreme 3 or something in which a weaponcore would probably be just as good and cheaper

ok well i got this exos external kit as a temp so i could try wc out and after 1 day i love it so much;) so ya we paid a buttload for this like 380 and i was planning on buying it and since frys has a 30 day try out period with pc stuff im gonna order my new stuff and take this back in a few weeks and im gnna get that acetel top thats cool to see that water i think:p but ya even with this crappy exos my gpu temps went down 15 c load and 20 c idle so im happy and if im happy about that ill prolly be ecsatic when i get that and build it;) ya i talked to the weapon guy on yahoo on night and im gonna go ahead and order that instead of a black ice extreme. what fans do you recommend or anyone else recomend. im not toooo worried about noise but i would like them to be rather quiet;) anything is better than those 6800's which is why i get this kit for now lol. also while i order that chipset cooler i may have to rder a few other things on sidewinder they got some neat stuff on ther;) thx nubius:)

I'm just using a danger den fillport and T-line personally. The res is completely up to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom