Check my potential computer specs plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

In Runtime
I'm building a computer for use in a medical office. Solid dependability is #1 concern, and then price is a close second. I don't care about video card performance and all that junk. Tell me what you think please:

- ASUS KT400 "A7V8X-X"
- AMD Athlon XP 2200+ "thoroughbred"
- Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700
- Samsung CD/DVD Drive Model SD-616EEP
- Sony floppy
- Seagate 40GB HD, Model ST340014A
- ANTECMid Tower Case with 350W Power Supply (is this enough power?)
- GeForce2 MX400 VCard

If I could cut costs anywhere, please feel free to suggest. Did I leave anything out? Already have monitor, keyboard, mouse..

Do they plan on backing up their computer daily? I work in a medical office and we use tape back ups to back up our data every 12 hours. For a PC that holds critical information its beyond critical.

One other quick question. Fans? It looks like the case comes with one 120mm. Looks like I should buy an other one to suck air in through the front grill. Any idea what size that would be?

Shrapnill said:
Do they plan on backing up their computer daily? I work in a medical office and we use tape back ups to back up our data every 12 hours. For a PC that holds critical information its beyond critical.

Ah yes thanks for reminding me. They do back up everyday. In the current computer, they use a Zip100 drive. Could I just transplant that from the old case into the new one?

1- yes, an intake is a good idea. What model is the case? Im guessing solution series? If thats the case they use 120mm fans for intake.

2- Yes, you can transplant the zip drive so long as you have the IDE room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom