changed proccessor speed safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnairgunz09

In Runtime
this might seem stupid but i was playing in my system bios and i have a softmenu function that allows you to change the pc speed i was at athlon xp 2500+ and i changed to 3200+ thoughs where the only 2 options. was that ok too do? is it safe?

my modo is a abit NF7-S V2.0

thank you

Run prime95 and see if it's stable. You might have to adjust the RAM timings and voltages to make it stable.

Its a model name for a CPU and they have the same cores... so like [theoretically] a 1.8GHz core STOCK would be called 2500+ and a 2.1GHz core STOCK Speed would be called 3200+, I guess that software you have just overclocks you'r CPU from its stock speed to an equivlant speed of the 3200+ [BTW The speeds I presented are theoretical, I don't really remember the exact core speed of the 2500+ or the 3200+]

Example to compare:

Our nowdays Pentium D series,

We have the 920 and on up to 965... the 920 comes with a core speed [again theoretical speed, too lazy to check] of 2.5Ghz and the 940 comes with a core stock speed of 3.2GHz, overclock a Pentium D 920 from 2.5Ghz to 3.2GHz and you could call it a Pentium D 940, lol...

Whats the diffrence you ask then?[Guessing you'r not an experienced overclocker..] The diffrence is the price lol.. you paid for an AMD 2500+ and overclocked it to be same as 3200+, but for free :p ..
-------

BTW I believe that even after using that software of you'rs that modifys you'r cpu clock to be same as a 3200+, if you download CPU-Z and open it, it will still show that you'r CPU model name is 2500+ ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom