Changed out S1283 fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Yeah so, i decided not to blow $300-$400 on watercooling in order to afford a GTX300 card later this year.

So i may as well spend $15 and get the most out of my Xiggy S1283.

The Xigmatek fan i swapped out that came with it was 60CFM. I swapped it out for a newer version CoolerMaster fan which you may have seen in one of Mnpctech's case mods that rans at a very nice 90CFM.

(Link to the Mnptech mod: CMSTORM PROJECT: Scout Military Case - Computer Forums)

So right now im wondering how good these temps are compared to everyone elses for a stock i7 with turbo boost/HT on.

Average Idle: 28c
Average Load: 50c (Prime95 Blend)

2462mhu.png

Ambient is 21c.

those are pretty nice temps.

mine are not as nice as yours. vigor monsoon III, i need to replace the fans on it aswell, they only blow 60cfm too. i want to get 2 more silverstone's 110 cfm for this vigor.

turbo - on HT - on but running stock speed atm.

my minimum idle:

33 | 31 | 35 | 30

max under load:

53 | 51 | 55 | 50

those are pretty nice temps.

mine are not as nice as yours. vigor monsoon III, i need to replace the fans on it aswell, they only blow 60cfm too. i want to get 2 more silverstone's 110 cfm for this vigor.

turbo - on HT - on but running stock speed atm.

my minimum idle:

33 | 31 | 35 | 30

max under load:

53 | 51 | 55 | 50

Huh. Looks like no matter what you do, load temps will be load temps. haha.
Load would be with Prime i guess? Because Intel Burn test only did 50% load for me.

PS: I tried push pull and its not worth it. No drop in temps, just less space and more noise.

makes me wonder if those 250cfm delta fans would shake off a few degrees!

edit: your new avatar is sick bro! i love it

Lol thanks. Was a quik-e job.
But as you can see, im an ATI fan boi.

PS: Those deltas would make you commit some sort of sui/homi-cide.

Lol thanks. Was a quik-e job.
But as you cant see, im an ATI fan boi.

PS: Those deltas would make you commit some sort of sui/homi-cide.

bold is fixed!

just how load would 250cfm be for those delta's?
and will my bad hearing help me out with the db's

i was thinking as a project, buying 4 or 5 of those @ $40 a pop, and plugging in those fatrasters to see just how well they worked lol.
they dont make 140's do they?

mine gets a bit hot so I am playing with how low I can run the vcore.
@3.36 I am currently testing stability at 1.1v 66C but it is a bit hot in my house right now. do not know ambient but around 22C

mine gets a bit hot so I am playing with how low I can run the vcore.
@3.36 I am currently testing stability at 1.1v 66C but it is a bit hot in my house right now. do not know ambient but around 22C

thats not that bad, its about 25C in my place.

what case you running btw, im pretty sure you have a nice case, just curious to what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom