Celeron D Project dunno how to OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dude how can your board oc and my cant ive been hoping for the day that i could have a lightning fast celeron d at a low cost i need this to work bad i dont want to get an asus board with graphics and trouble i can only afford a 256Mb DDR 400 Cosair stick of ram

I read this tidbit at the beginning

was suppose to be able to OC To 3.8ghz i just need help overclocking the little sucker
and yeaaah I don't know where you got that from, but that's going to be impossible short of phase change cooling.....

Anytime you raise the FSB you need more voltage, it aint gonna go far on stock.

Also, we are locking the AGP here right? I haven't been following this thread so yeaaah, hence me asking

well you then still have to lock the PCI bus, I don't know if the onboard runs off the AGP bus or not, but the PCI bus is related to the FSB, and if you can't lock that to 33MHz for the PCI and 66MHz for the AGP then you won't go far when raising the FSB

I should have asked this before but did you update the BIOS?I'm pretty sure there was a bios update so it would be able to work properly with the Celeron D,As for locking the AGP you will find the AGP/PCI fix frequency under the chipset configuration option in your bios,There is 5 setting's for it 72:36--64:32--77:39--67:34 and sync,Right now i have mine locked at 64:32 which is kind of lower than the original setting's of 66:33 which they don't have in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom