Celeron-D 330 or Sempron 2600+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elperra

In Runtime
Hi. In a near future I am planning to build my second computer. Which one of this chip should I pick, Celeron D330 or Sempron 2500 or 2600+? I mostly will use this computer for burning dvd retail movies, the internet and ocassional gaming. By the way thanks a lot to everyone in this forum with all the help on building my first computer, everything working ok :) . I will give this computer to my wife and daughter and will take the other one for me. Thanks.

Asus A7V400-MX
Sound and video Integrated
256 ddr 400 RAM
40 Seagate HD
105 Pioneer DVD-RW
AMD Sempron 2400
Cheap case with Neon light :)

I myself would go for the Celeron D,they have made a big improvement with them like running on presscott core,bigger cache and front side bus,I think it would do everything you want no problem and the best part is they are cheap:D

Yeah the Sempron is like the lowest of the lowend. AMD realy disapointed me. But I would go with the Celeron D also.

perhaps you should look in a different location and get an AMD xp-m 2400+, you can easily crank it up a notch with overclocking and get better performance than both those chips, at a price of 83$ last time i checked. if you decide to go this route, look for a dp102 heatsink(comes with 2 fans), and you can make a very nice system for less cost than your other options

woohoo, the first time anyone has ever agreed with me in my entire life... im gonna go buy myself an icecream cake... :D

i would go sempron, the last Celeron i did something on made me want to kill myself for how slow it was, plus if you get a high end sempron it goes in a 754 board which can hold A64's :)

BUT if you think about it, i also agree about the Athlon XP-M 2400+. MUCH better CPU for less money.

Edit: ALSO the semprons have a HUGE L1 cache compared to Celerons

Celeron: 12+16=28K
Sempron: 64+64=128K

That will make a HUGE difference in responsiveness.

Edit: ALSO the semprons have a HUGE L1 cache compared to Celerons

Celeron: 12+16=28K
Sempron: 64+64=128K

That will make a HUGE difference in responsiveness.

I think you got that 1 wrong,the new Celeron D has a 256k L2 cache which is twice the size of the Sempron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom