Catalyst 7.10 Are Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the new build I was having a field day with drivers and the 7.9 even with the patch. I plugged the monitor into both the primary and secondary vga ports to see a blank screen when first starting up over several days. Between the original software disk, 7.9 update, and finally going into the device manager to see Windows install the basic drivers only that was one problem that persisted.

Even a manual deletion of files, folders, and registry values while in safe mode saw problems when trying to redo the basics again. That was due to seeing "new version already on. first remove newer version" messages when finally going back to the 7.9 again. Besides games crashes seeing the ati2dvag.dll error on blue screens the system started seeing sudden restarts.

That was seen in XP until going to boot Vista and that saw blue screens on startup out of nowhere. Where manual removal was not any good the 7.10 suddenly saw all previous items removed when that went on smooth. Now the catalyst is back on and no problems have been seen in either version.

I still have to run Fear and Extraction Point in both to see how that goes. The others like Prey and HL2 are no longer seeing problems and no lags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom