Caseless PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use cardboard. It does not conduct electricity, and a lot of people who use Dry Ice and Liquid Nitrogen just set everything on the boxes they came in.

BTW, this should be obvious, but do NOT let anyone touch the components while they are out. Not even yourself. Until you get the case and are ready to put it back in, you don't want to fry anything.

Snake-Eyes said:
Use cardboard. It does not conduct electricity, and a lot of people who use Dry Ice and Liquid Nitrogen just set everything on the boxes they came in.

BTW, this should be obvious, but do NOT let anyone touch the components while they are out. Not even yourself. Until you get the case and are ready to put it back in, you don't want to fry anything.
Yeah someone could walk buy and drop a piece of change on it and goodbye computer! LOL :D

They are a bit extortionate for what they are, im sure i could build one out of a couple of pieces of thick acryllic, but they do look very cool, and I would like one! I think dust would be the biggest problem!

Ruan

going caseless isn't really great, you don't have any shielding for the components so if you have EMI being generated by something like a fan or a TV it could cause random errors.

Yeah, There's alot of elements that a case protects components from. I don't see any advantages to being case less and it would look sloppy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom