case too hot - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default case too hot

ok well i have a computer i am upgrading and i have a sempron 3000+ in it and a 5200ultra and 1 gig of ram a 80 gig hdd and my case gets too hot inside, it idles at 30 and when i have a game playin it gets up to 42-44 and thats just the case temp, i have an older model cheiftec case, case but were it shows the 2 80's in the back i have 1 90 in the back and a 90 on the side panel and a 80 on the other side. and an 80 in the front lower part on the casehow can i set up my fans to have optimal airflow and stuff, because as of tommorow i am upgrading my comp by getting a 7800gt in it and a new mobo so i casn only assume it will get hotter with it. so how should i set up my fans?

oh yeah i added my own fan on it, i made a hole on the top for a 120 mm fan

woulkd adding somthing like this for extreme exhaust help? exahust

Old 12-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

i did come up with an idea but i have no clue about the condensation that woullld build up or anything, i was going to get some flex duct and 2 90mm fans, and build a fram for the duct to the outside, and put a fan at the end of it sucking cold air from outside and another fanpulling the air into the case, its pretty cold outside right now, would that build up condensation?

IYAOYAS...lol
Old 12-13-2005, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to FghtinIrshNvrDi Send a message via Yahoo to FghtinIrshNvrDi

no, the fan adjuster wouldn't help. That allows you to turn down the fans. I mean, it may sound stupid, but buy a few more fans and double stack them. In theory, it should increase airflow by a good 70%

Ryan

<b>I'm an unhyphenated American.</b>
System Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3200 1.4v
Abit IP35 Pro "The Snake"
2x2gb A-Data @ 800
Diamond HD 3870 512mb

Great FORD TRUCK resource: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com
Old 12-13-2005, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Quote:
Originally posted by FghtinIrshNvrDi
no, the fan adjuster wouldn't help. That allows you to turn down the fans. I mean, it may sound stupid, but buy a few more fans and double stack them. In theory, it should increase airflow by a good 70%

Ryan
I was on the understanding double stacking fans has a reverse affect on your air flow?

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Old 12-13-2005, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

It does decrease...... There is just to much turbulence for the air to go through two sets of blades that could be spinning at seperate RPMS and not aligned perfectly.......
Old 12-14-2005, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

so what shoud i do?
i saw this th on frozen cu or 100 bucs like a mini air conditioner. its pretty cool

air conditrioner
wouldnt that build up condensation?

IYAOYAS...lol
Old 12-14-2005, 06:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by æArchOAngelæ
i did come up with an idea but i have no clue about the condensation that woullld build up or anything, i was going to get some flex duct and 2 90mm fans, and build a fram for the duct to the outside, and put a fan at the end of it sucking cold air from outside and another fanpulling the air into the case, its pretty cold outside right now, would that build up condensation?

All ready been done

I tried using my tube setup when it was 5*c, and it started getting the window in the case all foggy, and the comp started making funny noise's,so i suggest you find some other way of cooling or your probably gonna fry something.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

their was another way i saw of doing it that requires u to put a cardboard box halfway in the middle of the tubing, so this way it gets alittle warmer and doesnt condesnse in the case, i dont remember where i saw it but i didnt know if it was nesesary to do that.

IYAOYAS...lol
Old 12-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sui
Ultra Techie

what kinds of fans do you have? You could just buy some higher CFM fans and call it done.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

honestly i dont know why i need it cooler, after i got my card, its not as hot as i thought it owuld be anymore.

IYAOYAS...lol
Closed Thread