Case Reccomendations for Water Cooling? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I really like the Thermaltake Silver Kandalf, its huge, sexy, and its made of aluminium so its a lot lighter than the black kandalf.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

the TT tai-chi case, cost ALOT, but very very nice case. especially made for watercooling

X1800XL 512mb@X1800XT
2x 80g WD SATA
X-FI Platinum
Antec P180b
Old 03-12-2006, 02:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to specialblend218

I would stay away from thermaltake when it comes to water cooling. They have so much special crap in them it makes them really hard to mount the pump and rad in a desired place without a lot modding. A good example would be the Kandalf as mentioned. Where would the rad be mounted? Due to space age looking plastic stuff on top it would really tough to mount to the top and look good. Also the front doesn't look very easy to mount a rad either. Also the feet aren't tall enough for good airflow if the rad was mounted in the floor.

This is why Lian Li, mountain mods, chieftec, and the original stacker are such good cases. They are well made and simple. Nothing super special but yet a good quality case with the basic features needed and plenty of room to mod for the watercooling.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

i really like the mountainmods uf2-0(?). just one question, is it bigger in person. I mean to me is doesn look any bigger than a 2x2 cube. another question, did you have any problem with mountainmods.com (i.e. slow shipping or anything)?

one more question. how do you like it? is it light? roomy? fit every component nicely? look good? thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
True Techie

I got the gigabyte 3d aurora, i'd recommend it to anyone for anything. I love it.
Nvidia 7900 GT
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Thermaltake Big Typhoon (Artic 5)
Gigabyte 3DAurora case
SilverStone Zues 650W PSU
Old 03-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to specialblend218

Quote:
Originally posted by wtk pro l
i really like the mountainmods uf2-0(?). just one question, is it bigger in person. I mean to me is doesn look any bigger than a 2x2 cube. another question, did you have any problem with mountainmods.com (i.e. slow shipping or anything)?

one more question. how do you like it? is it light? roomy? fit every component nicely? look good? thanks
My U2-UFO from Mountain mods is a great case. It's 18x18x18 inches with out the casters on the bottom which add another inch and half. Shipping is great and I have never heard of any issues either. The case is the best case if have used or seen. I would not trade it for any other. It has plentyof room for all my goodies, looks great, I like how there are thrumb screws on everything and it is really light and that is not for it's size it's really light for any case. The powder coated finish holds up a lot better then paint too.

This is the exact case I have:
http://mountainmods.com/product_info...products_id=77
Old 03-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

hey can you give me some pics of your comp. it looks good and i would like to see how you have everything set up? thanks

Closed Thread