Case Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I am intending to buy a case in the next few days, now I really plan to go with the Thermaltake XaserV series Damier 5000A [if you can find it, its same as 6000A but its black]

It has 5 fans [intake on front, exauhst up, two intake on side, and exauhst at the back], which provides great airflow so I heard [and used logic.. sounds good to me]

Has the Hardcano 4 with it [the temp measurement LCD screen + 4 fan controllers]

What I wonder is:

1. Is this case considerd 'nooby', 'avarge' or 'hardcore' case?[And why?]
2. will this case be OK if in the future [say.. next year] I would like to add water-cooling...
3. Any better alternative? What I like in a case is:

A. GOOD Airflow [as I can not affored a good water cooling system yet]
B. OK / Good looking style [surley I'd like to showoff with it, the xaser seems good to my taste at least..]
C. just of course what anyone want, a good quality case that will serve the needs of an avarge-high-end user...

Thanks for advance,

-Jo.

BTW I also asked for a cables sleeving guide [how to fix it to look neat, because this case (if I buy it eventualy) comes with a LOT of wires... ALOT!!!]

It is in fact.. I liked the style lol, I know I have weird sense of fashion.. but what about it's physicall specs?.... I mean, taking the style out of mind for a minute...

ok, well sleaving the cables then get the sleaving kits that come with the heatshrink tbing and stuff http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?btnG=Search&show=dd&q=cable Sleeving Kit&sa=N&tab=wf

im sure its a quality case, bearing in mind its thermaltake, its bound to be rock solid, and i cant think why there would be any problems, adding water cooling later on, if ya like it then get it, but in silver, its nicer than the black

alos take a look at the other thermaltkae ones, the armour, tsunami, and also the silverstone ones are good solid case.
i dont think you need to worry about air flow to much, i dont think theres a huge diff between x and y

Alright... I hear 'ya,

Well, I seen the tsunami and the Armor case, But I don't know they both seem to lack some thing, maybe i'm wrong thats why im here asking if this is a bad case or not [the one I chose]

Also, I don't know the 'hierarchy' of our nowday's cases, I mean like, which one has the throne - at the top, and which one sits in the bottom of the 'high end' cases..

About black and silver, the silver costs me 100$ more, sure it looks nicer but its just some color... I can't affored this much for just a color =\ don't you agree?

Umm and I don't understand 'you don't need to worry about air flow too much', wouldn't a nice 5 case fans combo do better than a 2 case fans combo?? does the air flow in the case not matter? o_O

And last, the water cooling, I was also very worried that this case won't be so water-cooling friendly.. you didn't tell me if it is or isnt..

Still looking for more advices and such, Accepting any idea ^^;

-Jo.

i dont see why a case wouldnt acccpt water cooling, all it needs is sapce for the rad, tubes, pump ect.

about the air flow, its important, but it shouldnt be at the top of your priorities, a case with 5 fans isnt going to be hugely cooler than a case with one at the front and at the back.

my advice, get a cheaper (more attracive) case, like the tsunami, or even the soprano, and put a decent 120mm fan at the back, and same at the front, then cut a hole in the top and put one there, that will be most effective.

well the tsunami is even costier... and if i will have to add 2-3 more fans than its just as costy as a XaserV damier 6000A [silver one......]

What advantages does the tsunami have over the Damier 6000A?

BTW, Are there any brands better than Tt when it comes to cases??

Umm, about what I ment with water cooling, like.. some cases like the Armor comes optimized to have water cooling and such [holes in the chassis for water tubes and such], will this case be as good even though it wasn't? [Or maybe it was and I didn't know?]

And last, I asked about the hirarchy of the nowdays computer cases, how would you put it form top to bottom [placing the XaserV in the list of hirarchy] lets say... top 5 cases? or top 10 to make it easier? [If you can please ^^]

Sorry if I write a little messy, im on a rush now...

Be back in an hour I think..

Cya, and thanks a lot for all the help you already provide me, I just don't want to buy something and regret it later [like if its a crippled case or bad quality, or a low-end etc... I want to have a case of high-end with good quality, not one that is considerd noob case lol]

-Jo

You really shouldnt have to addholes for fans. Just get some high cfm fans to replace stock ones and have good organization of wires. The tsunami is good. I bought one and used the case for my dads computer. It managed to fit 4 hds and some monster parts and still looks good and clean. If your going to be putting alot of stuff AND water cooling in, I would suggest getting a bigger case.

Oh and tsunami is by no means a noob case. People have even made guides to make it look clean and neat.

Well alright but it brings me back to same questions =\ which will be higher quality and better case for my needs? Tsunami or Damier 6000A? As I can afford both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom