case pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey fellas.
i am going to start a mod on an old case i was given and i am trying to figure out the cuts i need to make.
i would like opinions, facts, etc on case pressure
ie positive vs negative vs neutral.
i vote negative on this case. yes, i know it will pull in dust. i blow the dust out at least once a month (as should you, lol!), no big deal there. also, the design of the case will just flow better as a negative pressure design. with positive pressure, i can surely see hot pockets 'aplenty in this thing.
opinions?

All depends on if you have spots that can pull in air where theres not a fan. I'm running positive pressure right now on my cm690 and not really sure how i feel about it.

im thinking of making most of the side of it screen mesh.
lol..that outta pull some air in
i'm not liking the positive pressure that much on my current case, but it is a little cooler.
i think negative for the specific case i am doing is going to be better. i'll post pics of it when i can.

Negative is your best bet. With positive pressure you have air lingering around your parts and it heats up rather quickly. This means that you'll have warm air floating around your parts for a little bit before being pushed out. Try to keep it close to a 1:1 ratio but lean towards negative. Your experience may vary by case, but generally. . .

Go with negative, but don't use mesh on the whole side. Instead, use vent holes over the hot spots, and maybe use some homemade ductwork to channel the air where you want it.

If you're not worried about dust, cut a vent hole in the bottom of the case just behind the front panle so it will act as a scoop for cooler air.

Go with negative, but don't use mesh on the whole side. Instead, use vent holes over the hot spots, and maybe use some homemade ductwork to channel the air where you want it.

If you're not worried about dust, cut a vent hole in the bottom of the case just behind the front panle so it will act as a scoop for cooler air.

What he said, don't mesh the whole side, better to direct airflow then just have a general negative pressure.

ok yeah i trashed the mesh panel for a clear window. was going to use smoked acrylic, but the sheet at home deebo is 14 bucks, while the clear sheet is like, two. plus, i think clear is going to work better for what i am doing. the case has pretty good vents that run up and down the side panels, so air intake is not going to be a problem i dont think.
i may put the vent hole at the bottom like you suggest, trotter. that sounds like a good idea.
i am planning on posting a mod thread this afternoon. this case is going to be sick.

I usualy tend to try and stay more towards equal or just slightly negative... Seems to help me, but I have only dealt with a few Raidmax cases that have a fan in the dead center or right at the bottom left...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom