Case modding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic~Fury

Baseband Member
CS-3071CBX-B3A thats the case I'm getting if I can find it. Well if you look at a picture, I want to create airflow on each side of the power button indicator for the front fan. I'll either make two holes, one on each side with grills, or drill a bunch of holes on each side. Which method is more effective and how would I go about doing such a task? Also, from what I hear, the side fan is outtake, is there a way I could make it intake?

thanks

Cosmic~Fury said:
CS-3071CBX-B3A thats the case I'm getting if I can find it. Well if you look at a picture, I want to create airflow on each side of the power button indicator for the front fan. I'll either make two holes, one on each side with grills, or drill a bunch of holes on each side. Which method is more effective and how would I go about doing such a task? Also, from what I hear, the side fan is outtake, is there a way I could make it intake?

thanks

Don't just drill a bunch of holes, not only would it look terrible, but it's just a half-assed way of doing things.

There is also a reason that side fans blow out: it pulls heat from the Mobo and CPU, if it were blowing in then you would just be forcing the heat back into the board. That is why it is best to create an "air-flow" over the board with fans blowing in on the front and out on the back. The front fans bring in fresh, cool air and the rear fans take out the old, hot air and at the same time help pull the air through the front.

My recommendation is to mount a fan or fans on the front blowing in, leave the side fan alone, and mount fans on the rear.

But of course this is just what I think and what I think doesn't matter... it's what you think.

And what is up with the guy with the smiley face?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom