Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManBearPig

In Runtime
lolol yes its me how can i mod my case to allow fans in it?

its a Dell E510 so i'm kinda limited...

yes my dell runs pretty cool but with the 600 watt psu, new hard drive, new Geforce card and other things i'm getting i want o be safe with my temp.. no loose ends here..

are the 80mm third party fans easy to idk like tape down or..idk need ideas

I think you could just tape them down if you don't have fan holders. I dont know what it could hurt, seriously.

If you don't have any fan holes, you can't really add a fan. You can cut out a hoel on the side panel and add a fan though.

Use zipties, not tape.

Does the case not have its own intake and exhaust fan? Most all computers in the last 5 years have atleast an intake in the front and an exhaust in the back. As long as you have those you should be cool. I can't imagine a new dell computer doesn't have those. And like CrazeD said, zip ties not tape! And pretty much the only option for you to add another fan is to bore out a hole in the side panel for another intake or exhaust fan.

Ok, go to home depot, buy and 76mm hole saw and handrel

cut hole in case, then either drill 4 holes for screws or epoxy the fans in place

u cant TAPE a freaking fan, once the fan is on it will start shaking and making noises like mad.

dont mod a dell silly, take the parts out of the dell, stick them on a new mobo and in a new case :p

by adding fans or cutting/ tapeing in the case you void your warenty anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom