Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I have an old Compaq Presario 9232 that I want to pimp out.This computer was head of it's class back in the day (1995) It has a 120mhz pentium. 3 isa slots and 2 pci slots, 28.8k modem, 936mb HD. 40mb total ram (8mb internally installed.) I want it to be a bumblebee theme. I know I need sandpaper and some sparypaint. Im going to Home Depot later. What grit sand paper do I need. Also what type of spray paint do I need? I want it when im done so when I feel it, will it will be smooth not rough or stickey. And how long would it take to dry?

Probably need like 600-800 grit sandpaper.....that's the only question I barely have a clue on :p

For sand paper it depend's on what the case is made out of,for plastic either 300 or 400 grit and for metal 600 or 800 like Nubius said,and the same goe's for the paint too it all depend's what it's made of,I know Krylon make some good plastic paint in all sort's of color's for use on outdoor furniture and the like's,As for metal paint i really can't help on that one,But either way make sure you do a primer coat first as it will help hide any imperfection's that you might not be able to get out of the case,Hope this helped you out some what:D

Thank you, Nubius and Shumway, for helping me on the mean road of modding to pimp out my old pentium. I will post pics before and after. Also I have an off topic question. I have this atomic symbol on this old mobo. I know it has nothing to do with the computer in anyway. ALso I have this alien looking siloette on my p4 mobo and I also have the same symbol on my HD. What is this?

Try getting enamel thats what im using for my case mod. You also might need primer. I also have a compact presario it looks like the paint is powder coat witch will be pretty hard to sand down to metal. If your compaq looks like mine you should just trash the front (what was compaq thinkin) maybe replace it with one from a diff comp. Also I can prolly help you along the way since I have a presario.

Well my modding has to hold out until spring. I just remembered that I cannot spray paint outside. TOO COLD. And I cant do it inside. Yeah my compaq has this like powder finish to it. The front bezel looks like it could be spray painted easily. I only thing I can do right now is change out my power and hdd leds. They are both green. I want the power to be red and the hdd to be multi swithcing color red,green,blue.

Your pretty serious about this, why dont you just get a new case and transfer everything over? Or get a new case and Mod that one, those Compaqs arent very ideal for modding.

Heres a great site that offers Stock cases or modded cases, along with anything you need to modd a case. Clear side panels, fans, fan controler guages, heatsinks, everything.

http://www.frozencpu.com/

(OcGod*)::: Breakes up the fight about to occur::: :) lol, I think what Codeine suggested is getting somethign such as a modded case or a newer case that can be modded.

frozencpu.com is a nice site with all you modding needs...and more

*Thumbs up*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom