Case lighting questions - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Question Case lighting questions

1. Does it make a difference which brand of UV lights a buy?

2. I will use a ocz modstream 520w PSU in my next build, are the cables uv reactive?

3. If i want to install a watercooling system and i put antifreeze of some color in as part of the water solution (i have heard that it works just as well as the solutions specifically for watercooling) will the water in the tubes glow as well or do I have to buy a certain uv reactive dye?

Proud owner of the only hampster powered rig on these boards.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

all these uv cathode kits look pretty much the same...probably all produced from the same manufacturer over in asia and rebadged by a bunch of companies. You might want to buy more than one since these lights can burn out pretty fast. Based on reviews, the cables are UV reactive but im not sure if only the ends or the whole cable is reactive.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to specialblend218

Your best bet is to buy Dye-lite UV dye. It works the best out of the many dye's I have tried and I have been using it for over two years with out any problems. You can buy it from .

As for the UV lights they can burn out quickly sometimes and other times they have lasted years for me. But an extra light for for a few more bucks would be a good investment. All lights are not the same though. The majority are but I have seen (and bought DOH!!!) UV lights from some retailers that are just purple and couldn't get anything to glow at all. I have had the best luck with lights from:
Ultra Products
and Coolermaster's lights.

They have lasted and have a real nice glow to them.

Good luck!
__________________ Lan Gaming in Southern California!!!
Closed Thread