Case layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
I am currently waiting for a particular case to come out right now. the Lian-Li PC-A70
PC-A70front.jpg

PC-A70inside.jpg

And I've been trying to plan how I should lay out my components (especially my watercooling system)

I am planning to mod the case a bit, including adding 2x120mm fan holes at the top.

So far, I've come up with this:
caselayout.png

Do you think it will work? any suggestions?

I think it will work, and make for a very clean wiring job, since the watercooling is mostly at the top. Excellent layout...and excellent Paint skills.....I didn't see the pump. Where will it be? Is it the one, next to the rear LED fan?

wow...I'm very much liking this A70 case. Especially the black colored one. I think I'll save up for this one. Any idea when it will come out?

I think it will work, and make for a very clean wiring job, since the watercooling is mostly at the top. Excellent layout...and excellent Paint skills.....
thanks, I've been thinking long and hard about this.

I didn't see the pump. Where will it be? Is it the one, next to the rear LED fan?
yes, that's it. Forgot to label it.

wow...I'm very much liking this A70 case. Especially the black colored one. I think I'll save up for this one. Any idea when it will come out?
When I emailed Lian-Li, this is what I got from them:
The PC-A70 case will be finish on the end of July,2007. And the case will be sale in Australia A.S.A.P. At the same time you can contact our distributor in Australia. Thank you.
Company: Anyware Computer Accessories Pty. Ltd.
Tel: 61-2-9879-5488 ( Sydney )
Tel: 61-3-97638200 (Melbourne)

Best Regards,
Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.
So I'm expecting to see them out quite soon.

If that's the pump, I thought it was dangling in the middle there. But I see theres a bracket holding it, coming from the LED fan.

Can't wait for that case. I'm hearing, it's going to be around $260. Which is like 300 in AUS, approximately.

If that's the pump, I thought it was dangling in the middle there. But I see theres a bracket holding it, coming from the LED fan.
That's the idea, but I have yet to make that bracket.

I may add a window to the side of it, as well

It helps that my dad is a very qualified engineer, with emphasis on welding.

A window will look really good on that case.

Oh...What about the reservoir? I didn't see that labeled. Unless it's that other black area, in the corner.

For the fans, I'll probably use Cooler Master ones. 1200RPM @ 19 dBA

it's easy to find blue ones at 19 dBA, though it's hard to find green ones at that noise level (they're usually over 20)

What you could do, is get quiet fans under 20dBA, and outfit them with green LEDs or something. Or use green cathodes.

I think I might just do that.

I have one Cooler Master 120mm fan which is a 19dba version, and by the way the LED's are mounted, they're almost impossible to take out without cutting a fair amount of plastic.
BUT, they are clear and you won't notice them when they're not glowing, so I can just cut the wires from them and solder green ones there, then hotglue them into the grooves
Fan.jpg

If I get four of these:
COOLER MASTER 120MM BLUE LED (2 IN 1) - ITBOX

then I'll have 8x120mm fans. I can then fit four of then with green LED's.

I was also thinking that I can get a 360mm radiator, and just put the DVDR/RW drive in a bay lower down (it'll also be closer to the SATA ports on my motherboard)

then I can use three of the modded green LED fans for the radiator, and the other one for the rear exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom