CASE FANS - To Suck or Not To Suck, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Okay, a quick poll here on Case fans. Should they suck or should they blow? Or should they be in a combination of both?

side panel ligth fan = in
front panel ligth fan = out
cpu fan = in
corel.gif

flames in & out :p

what kinda post is this? they should all be blowing onto your monitor, fans shouldn't have anything to do with a case, geesh, some people ;)

silesia here's the common fan setup for proper case airflow:

fans suck air into case from front and side

fans blow air out of case from back and top

this makes the air go all to one direction. you also need to make sure you tidy up the wires so they don't block airflow

Silesia said:
Okay, a quick poll here on Case fans. Should they suck or should they blow? Or should they be in a combination of both?

Both, you need fans sucking in cold frech air @ the bottom(if possible let em cool ur hdd's aswell) and fans on top sucking hot(ter) air out. I made my cpu a fanduct so it get fresh air no matter what, and a 40mm fan on my gfx card(no duct, but still it saves like 3-4 degrees centigrade)

On top i made an extra fan suckign hot air out(aswell hot air vented out by my from my cd burner it has this tiny fan inside :D)

I have to wear protective gear for my ears, as all of the fans make more sound then the average jet flying by... but that's only a minor issue compared with having to bolt you case down to prevent it to take off :p

i like to have the fans closest to the hard drives sucking in the cool them off and have ur rear fans blowing out. the cpu fan should always be blowing on the heatink

true test

kinda new to this board.. but I read this (being I just built this in a new case and all) and thought I would actually try it... here is my setup, desktop micro case, with 1 fan, in the front... I had it blowing out, and pchealth said 40 (celcius) for CPU and 40 for system temps... I turned the fan around, let it run for a while, and then checked temp again and it was still 40 for CPU temp, but went down to 30 for system temp... so with the fan sucking cold air into the case, I noticed a HUGE difference in system temp for my setup. you may be different, but sounds close to the same with 1 fan in the front... if you have something in BIOS like PChealth then try this yourself and see which is better in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom