Case Fan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Simple Question.

Have 2 120mm case fans I am mounting on the back of my case as exhaust. Both use the standard molex power connector. My question, will each fan require its own power dongle directly from the power supply, or can I connect the two fans together and just connect one power dongle to one of the fans?

Thanks for any help

You can cut the molex connectors from each fan,join the cables and attach a molex connector on the end of the cable.In other case each fan will require its own connections to the power supply.

I have 3 of my 120mm fans plugged into one connector.
I know with the antech fans they have both male and female on either side of the plug so you dont need to cut anything. I dont know weather your fans have these plugs or not.

antec_tricool.jpg

Ah, well each fan has both a male and female connector, but I also found a molex splitter as well. What would be my best option?

1. Connect one male to a female on the fans.
2. Use the splitter.

Does it even matter?

Thanks for the help, just don't want to power up and hear any pops :)

It doesn't matter, as long as you don't, daisy chain too many fans together. Two is ok.

Ah, well each fan has both a male and female connector, but I also found a molex splitter as well. What would be my best option?

1. Connect one male to a female on the fans.
2. Use the splitter.

Does it even matter?

Thanks for the help, just don't want to power up and hear any pops :)

generic molex splitters r like $5 CAN.
try connecting one to male and one to female and if it doesnt work, just get a splitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom