Case to Case*Common Disaster*?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousepad

In Runtime
I was actually expecting a problem like this to happen, but I thought I had everything hooked up properly. Anyways, I got my Xaser case in, christ was it huge! Here is the problem. After taking 4 hours to put everything together, lot of wires.. believe me, I tried to turn it on, and the first thing I would look for is to see if the motherboard got power. I look at my ethernet port because it lights up, and if it does, then the motherboard got power. It didn't though, infact when I pressed the power button, nothing worked. I don't think I fried my motherboard, but nothing at all would turn on. When I would turn off my PSU it makes that power down sound, which I think is normal. My PSU is a thermaltake one that came with the Xaser case and it's 420 watts, plenty of power. I tried my 450 watt and the only diffrence is that the cpu fan jerks for a sec. That got me to thinking that the motherboard wasn't fried. This problem has me totally stumped as I have all the leds and switches all hooked up as before in my other case. I could use some help, but if not, I am taking it to a repair store and see whats wrong. If you need anymore info, let me know by private messaging me.

actually Dave i tried your method of putting the mobo outside the case and i ended up with a computer that would not boot, but the fans spun. when i put the mobo into a case it ran perfect, i have no idea what went wrong :surprised

perhaps you have the power connector to the mobo on backwards, meaning it wouldn't tell the motherboard to turn on.. iono about turning the fans though..

I don't think you can put the power connecter on backwards in the mobo, can you? Isn't there like a lil plastic thing that holds the connecter into place?

i did not put the power on backwards because when i pushed power button the fans spun.... stupid Biostar :rolleyes: .... although i would still recommend & use them again :laughing:

Well, LOL, I fixed my problem. My case "On" switch wasn't meeting the actual wire that turns on the computer. How dumb is that?! Anyways, this is my other problem. I have my harddrive hooked with a power connector and the master device 0. I know this is all correct, and I have it set to boot up with the a drive and some other thing that's not important. Anways, It's not detecting my harddrive and it's all connected properly. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom