Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
I need some help picking out a case. I don't really mind what it looks like, though I would prefer something similair to this Xoxide case. I need a case that would keep everything at a satisfactory temperature. I usually have a ceiling fan and an AC unit on, although I get cold pretty easily and turn it on and off alot. Surely this will still help some, but there is another problem. I keep my current pc in the desk... umm... cabnet I guess. It does rather limit airflow. The pc space is pretty close to this , as well as against a wall.

I don't really know how much of this information will help in trying to help me decide on a case, but if it helps, great.

Any case ideas? ATX cases are what I need btw. Getting the DFI Lan Party Ultra-D mobo.

EDIT: I need it from Newegg too. Looking forward to some suggestions. Thanks in advance

No matter what PC case you get, stuffing it in a cubby hole isn't going to help, unless you reverse the airflow of the case by turning the fans around (blow hot air out the front).

What price range are you looking at?

Well where else am I suppose to put it? I really wish I had a better place, but this is it...

Not spending any more than, no exceptions, $75 at the maximum... Idealy it would be around $30-$50.

Well here is a nice case, it doesn't have a PSU, but it will cool fairly well, and it's made of aluminum. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119077

You can try using the fans the normal way, and record the temps after running an intensive game or prime95, and then flip the fans over to reverse the airflow, so the the hot air comes out the front. If you keep it in the cubby thing, it will just fill the cubby up that will surround the case, or atleast that is my theory. Try it both ways to see which cools better. You could also double stack the front 80mm fan so there would be one fan on top of another. This should cool fairly well I think...

Well, if you have that little of space you can use it to help airflow. In this case your front and back fans are going to be important so try to find a case that has a position for a front intake and two outakes in the back or one 120mm outake. This is where CFM's are going to be important so, if you buy that Centurion case, get a fan like this.
This will pull a hefty 70.6 CFM of air and its not too loud at just under 30 dba's.
This case is great since it has two 120mm positions for fans in the back. And its cheap.
You could push an amazing amount of heat out of the back of that bastard. And it would hardly matter if you didn't have an intake fan in the front as long as your room temps were cool. Physics will do its job by displacing the hot air with outside cool air. It will just be important that you either pull your desk away from the wall or stick it across a corner, so the hot air has somewhere to go.

Thanks, I'll take that into consideration.

I have another question, so I dont have to start another thread. I'm buying this OEM HDD, and I'm wondering if it might come with cables, or if the motherbaord will have some cables that comes along with it. Will it be cheaper just to get a retail hdd, or the oem and then the cables? Maybe I'll have to buy the cables seperate if they dont come with either mobo or hdd...?

I'll be getting the dfi lanparty ultra-d if it helps.

OEM means "no other crap except this product beeyotch". Ahem, so no, no cables. In my opinion, since this is IDE and not SATA - I would buy my own cables anyways and get rounded ones. Round ones take up less space... are easier to maneuver inside the case and don't restrict airflow like the original flat IDE cables.

(btw, I like your sig. Where did you get that picture from?)

Okay, I was pretty sure thats what OEM was, but I've heard people say that they could possibly come with cables. Anyway, do you think I could get some good round cables from newegg that would work with the hdd? Btw, im looking on newegg, what is a good length for a cable?? Sigh.... and how many connectors? Just 2?

The sig is two different pictures, both from IGN, their screenshots of the Area 51 game.

EDIT: what about this

JDGreen92086 said:
Okay, I was pretty sure thats what OEM was, but I've heard people say that they could possibly come with cables. Anyway, do you think I could get some good round cables from newegg that would work with the hdd? Btw, im looking on newegg, what is a good length for a cable?? Sigh.... and how many connectors? Just 2?

The sig is two different pictures, both from IGN, their screenshots of the Area 51 game.

EDIT: what about this

You'll only need a dual device for connecting more than one IDE... HD or Optical. Otherwise, get single device. As for length.. it all depends on how much you need. You'll probably be safe with 18"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom