Card age = more artifacts over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally got Furmark, its a pretty cool program but I've yet to do extensive stability testing with it. I'm guessing I shouldn't do a long stability test since it measures the time in seconds...hmmm...maybe 10 minutes?

ya, its pretty much like ati tool, but much more details, you can have far higher resolutions and add AA and AF and such

and i think 10 min should do good with your max res with some AA thrown on

but either way its apperent your card is degrading.... you should RMA it anyway... i mean weather you get another 8800gtx or 9800gtx(+) you'll be happier and save yourself the trouble of it completely dying on you later on

ya, its pretty much like ati tool, but much more details, you can have far higher resolutions and add AA and AF and such

and i think 10 min should do good with your max res with some AA thrown on

but either way its apperent your card is degrading.... you should RMA it anyway... i mean weather you get another 8800gtx or 9800gtx(+) you'll be happier and save yourself the trouble of it completely dying on you later on

Hmmm well I tested it for 5 minutes and the temp got to 101 celcius and I got a bit worried so I stopped it. My Card is no longer able to pass even 2-3 seconds of ATI artifact scanning without getting errors ( which leads me to be a bit skeptical of ATI Tool program itself, can anyone confirm this with the nvidia 178.13 drivers? ). Also does Furmark even let me know if theres errors or not? The documentation is really poor

Also I read a few things that made me a bit worried about Evga RMAing found here:

EVGA RMA replacement a rip off? - [H]ard|Forum

the OP was wrong for not registering in time ( he RMAed his card and got a worse 8800 gtx ), but I'm worried if I RMA my card that since the 8800 gtx is old already they only have really worn down 8800 gtxs in stock and they'll send me this and ill actually get a less stable card...hmmm whats everyone think? has anyone RMAed their card lately thats remotely close to mine?

agreed w/ lukas.... the card should not be getting that hot under load....

and try rolling back on some older drivers and giving ati tool another try

but reguardless... complain about the temps and just tell em you computer restarts when you play games.. lol

agreed w/ lukas.... the card should not be getting that hot under load....

and try rolling back on some older drivers and giving ati tool another try

but reguardless... complain about the temps and just tell em you computer restarts when you play games.. lol

hmmm alright, my ventillation in my room is pretty bad I admit and ill try to get some external exhaust fans to help move the air and such, typically my temps are 70 idle and 80-90 load and I heard 8800 gtx get hot so I don't really know how far from the norm this is. I was even told by EVGA to get rivatuner and set the fan speed to 100% at all times which I did and maybe this is the cause that the fan may be dying which leads to higher temps?

In general I'm a very unlucky person, my first 8800 gtx was incredibly defective ( couldn't even make it through 3dbenchmark 06 and idled at 80 celcius ) and my brand new P-35 ds3r had its north bridge ( or south? ) heat sink detached. So I'm very weary of getting a worse product back but I guess at almost 1.5 years I might as well take my chances with my 8800 gtx. Anyone know typical delivery times cause I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks in december and figured I might as well RMA it then.

all depends on where your rma is located.... consider shipping time over there... plus another 2 days... plus another shipping time back to you.. so you could probably look at a week, or week and a half... 2 weeks tops

100C....horrible, rma that crap.

really you think its that bad to get over 100celcius in a stability test? I still need to physically examine the card although I did a quick compressed air blow over it a while back, maybe the fans clogged up...but yes you've guys changed my mind, currently I plan to RMA it and cross my fingers come december

Higher temps = shorter life.

The 8800GT is known to run hot, and with the cooling is have on it i hit 56C on load
during normal room temp.

The cooler you can keep your gpu, the higher you can overclock it and the longer it will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom