Card age = more artifacts over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm thanks for your guys input I really do appreciate it. I have decided since my card is almost 1.5 years old ( around december ) I will RMA it around december and just pray they don't give me a refurbished one ( the tech guy assured me they don't cause they don't have any refurbished stacks to give out when people RMA it ). Isn't a 9800 gtx more powerful then a 8800 gtx?

Also do you guys think this heat build up is due to the fan dying or ATI tool becoming more unreliable? I'll definately try out the furmark, whats everyone elses experience with ATI tool artifact scanning so far?

yes the 9800gtx+ is faster than the 880gtx, its tremendous clockspeeds make up for its memory bus and memory.... look up some benchmarks on them... and your only on 1680x1050 anyway... so the 9800 is more beneficial

itd be nice if he gets a gtx260 but if your with evga its gonna be a 9800gtx for sure.

well any 9 series generation card would be happy with me ( especially since both the gtx260 and 9800 gtx are better ), since they use less power and run cooler right? My card gets 80-90 celcius at load sometimes, although I admit my room is abnormally hot and doesn't have good air flow ( I know its not the wiring or dust cause ive spent countless hours addressing both )

8800GTX's arent worth very much anymore.

Brand new 8800 Ultras are priced at $199. I could get a used 8800GTX for around $125.

Im sure a replacement would most likely be the 9800GTX/GTX+.

not in canada still above 400$ here.
Buy 8800gtx - Price Comparison - Canada
retail is up but ebay prices for new cards are down.

EVGA | Products not just canada, us to look at evga prices, there huge. so if there otu of stock i could see you getting a gtx260.

like xfx offerd me a 8800gts 320mb the first time i rmad my 7900gt that or a 7950gt i was impatient took the 7950, anyway the equivelent performence wise was a 8600gts really, but they offerd me the 8800gts as it was similar in value. killed my 7900gt in the performence area, but i payed 390$ for the card @ teh time, and they where still similar in price so thats what i was offerd. me beign an impatient 16 year old (18 now soon 19) said i want it now so they sent me a 7950gt plus i had been waiting abotu 6 weeks allready didtn wana wait for how ever logn it was gonna take for 8800gts to coem back in stock.

not in canada still above 400$ here.
Buy 8800gtx - Price Comparison - Canada
retail is up but ebay prices for new cards are down.

EVGA | Products not just canada, us to look at evga prices, there huge. so if there otu of stock i could see you getting a gtx260.

like xfx offerd me a 8800gts 320mb the first time i rmad my 7900gt that or a 7950gt i was impatient took the 7950, anyway the equivelent performence wise was a 8600gts really, but they offerd me the 8800gts as it was similar in value. killed my 7900gt in the performence area, but i payed 390$ for the card @ teh time, and they where still similar in price so thats what i was offerd. me beign an impatient 16 year old (18 now soon 19) said i want it now so they sent me a 7950gt plus i had been waiting abotu 6 weeks allready didtn wana wait for how ever logn it was gonna take for 8800gts to coem back in stock.

wow interesting thats a great deal xfx offered you...I can only hope evga offers those kind of deals. Whats the exact diff between a 8800 gtx and a 9800 gtx on the chart since their so close? Is the 9 series card that much more efficient with temps and energy usage?

BTW anyone try out the ATI tool artifact scanner? Now when I try it on my card which idles at 65 celcius I get errors within the first 5 secodns even though my card is only 73 celcius by that time ( gets up to 95 celcius with full load ), this doesn't make too much sense to me...how can it artifact so quickly? Especially when the other night it completed 30 minutes of no errors when it was hotter ( all these tests are at stock settings )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom