Can't get RAM stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
hello, i can't get my ram stable no matter what i do.

my config is

Opteron 144 @ 2700
HTT 300
LDT 3x

i used a ram divider to keep my RAM at stock speed and stock timing but i always fail orthos in 3-5mins. my CPU went through orthos for 4hours.

i used a 2/3 divider on my ram to keep it 200MHZ with 2.5-3-3-7 but it fails orthos.

if it isnt stable at STOCK speed, i say it is no good...ie send it back if possible. do you have enough voltage to it?
did you have problems before you overclocked?
what are the stock timings?
have you tried raising the cas to 3 to see if that would help? im sure the stock is 2.5...but you might try it...

stock is 217MHZ 2.5-3-3-7

its stable when i dont OC at all.. so its only stable when my entire system is stock.

if it is stable at those (stock) speeds when you do not overclock, then you overclock your cpu and the ram speed to a lower speed (aka amd "divider") to run stock speed, right? and its unstable? if this is the case, either your cpu overclock is unstable, or you do not have the divider set up correctly.
set your ram to the lowest speed supported by your board, then overclock your cpu. probably your ram is overclocking too much.

when i do a CPU stress test with orthos, its fine. and i am pretty sure i am setting up the divider correctly. i have neva had this kind of problem before. even my noname RAM can OC better than these OCZ PC3500 performance series.

i will try setting my ram at the lowest speed.

okay yeah try that first...
also, run the blend test with orthos, and see what happens.
i think your overclock is unstable, or your ram is bad.

try setting it at the second lowest speed, lol. no, really. it cant hurt.
try switching it out if you have a friend with ram you can borrow.
sounds jacked up to me, but it could be lots of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom