Solid State Member
Here are my specs:

Intel Q6600 Quad Core at 2.4 GHz/core GO Stepping
ASUS P5B SE mother board
4 GB Supertalent PC6400 800 MHz RAM
Antec 650W PSU
nVidia 8800GT OC 512Mb GPU
Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM Mb cache HD

I've been doing my research on overclocking and have a ton of notes on what items within the bios need to be changed along with their parameters. However, I don't think my motherboard is giving me enough options to make an overclock work. I don't know if anyone on this board has experience with this motherboard, but I can't find an option to increase the CPU core voltage. I tried bumping up the fsb speed from 266 to 277 and got an instant BSOD. Upon rebooting I get a message that says overclock unsuccessfully. I thought I could easily get an fsb 277 without bumping up the voltage, but I have no idea why I'm getting the error. The P5B SE has an option in the bios for overclocking profiles starting at 5% and increments of 5%. I tired selecting the lowest 5% overclock profile and still received the error that overclock was unsuccessful. Is my motherboard a bad overclocker, or do you think I'm missing something in my set-up?

The new 0507 BIOS for the P5B Deluxe, dated 8/10/2006, has two new and exciting features:

Provide better maximum overclocking.
Add the ability to adjust the multiplier of most Conroe CPUs even if they are not Extreme Edition.

Check which bios you have you maybe in need of it.

edit: nvm you have the SE. I don't think your board is meant to oc.

The new 0507 BIOS for the P5B Deluxe, dated 8/10/2006, has two new and exciting features:

Provide better maximum overclocking.
Add the ability to adjust the multiplier of most Conroe CPUs even if they are not Extreme Edition.

Check which bios you have you maybe in need of it.

edit: nvm you have the SE. I don't think your board is meant to oc.

Holy **** , you mean I can go above stock 7 multiplier ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom