Can this PSU handle a 6800GS or possibly even a 7800GT? (pic inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it wont fit into a Sony VAIO computer, they make some crappy odd number configuartions lol.

Wow nice amps on your psu :p lol

The PSU 003 recommended is decent for a budget person. If i were you, i wouldnt upgrade the Sony and just save up and make a custom built rig for yourself

...I hope you're not serious about it not fitting, cuz I won't know where to find one that will. And I'm not looking to built a comp now, not enought money for something like that, and all I'm searching for is a way to get a good graphics card in.

If VAIO's really have odd sizes, can anyone recommend where I can get a decent PSU mine at a decent price.

...again, I hope you're kidding lol

Well I don't know if sony computers require special parts, but it could very well be. Dell and HP do that, why shouldn't sony? It's stupid I know, but unfortunately if that is true the only advise I can give you is to build a new PC, or see if sony makes upgrade power supplys for their PC's.

I run my 6800gs on a 300w b4 i got my x-connect. Used ti for about 2 weeks. No problem What so ever. Not even An error saying insuffiecient power.

that psu is made by delta electronics...now i am not sure of the dimensions on that psu but i imagine that they produce different psu's at the same size...so google delta electronics and click on their website...then find one with the same dimensions and the wattage you need

I wouldn't put a 6800GS in that thing... Even if it is a 360W power supply, it's fudged bigtime because they chocked all the amps on the 5 volt rail where they are rendered useless.

Ryan

NickFas said:
that psu is made by delta electronics...now i am not sure of the dimensions on that psu but i imagine that they produce different psu's at the same size...so google delta electronics and click on their website...then find one with the same dimensions and the wattage you need

Thats definitely the smartest answer. Either find "Delta Electronics" or look up the dimensions of it (measure it yourself maybe) and look on NewEggs PSU section and compare. Who knows, maybe your case will fit any power supply. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom