Can my DD-D5 pump handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Since i am going to replace my mobo and clean my wc system, i am going to upgrade it.

Right now it is the standard system with blocks on the cpu and both gfx cards. I am planning on adding in another 3fan radiator, and 4 big *** inline heatsinks.

So my config will be... res-pump-rad-cpu-rad-gfx-gfx

i have the DD D-5 pump, wondering if it can handle it.

here is a graph of this pumps performance
pump

i think you might be going alil overboard (that is if you already have a 3 fan radiator... if you just have your 1900's and cpu in the loop then the one radiator is fine. if you wc your hd's and ram then it would be time for heatsinks, but probably not a whole nother radiator.
w.c. info ticks me off. how do they expect you to design a system if they dont tell you what the pressure drop is accross their products?!
basicly you want the two lines in the chart to intersect. this is where your pump is working optimally.

the more stuff you put in your wc loop, the more head you will need (left - y axis) notice the higher the flow rate, the lower the head. (solid black lines)
the dotted line refers to how much power you are consuming at the given setting. (right - y axis)
where the lines intersect is the optimal power to pressure head to flow rate at a given rpm setting.

it doesnt look like the lowest setting is working optimally for you. i would recommend upping it to p2

if using 1 3 fan radiator and 3 water blocks has been working for you at the lowest setting (though not effeciently as far as the pump design is concerned) then you can add another radiator, more waterblocks, and inline hs's w/o a problem.. i wouldnt run it lower than the p3 setting though.

this is just an educated guess(i'm a mech engineer). its hard to guess at this stuff though cuz the pressure drop differences between individual waterblocks and radiators and heatsinks can very greatly depending on the design. can you find more details about pressure drop values (usually psid...pound per square inch differential). i'd be able to do the actually calculations for you then.

i also have a 226peltier\maze block and a meanwell psu along with insulation lol... maybe i should finally add it to my cpu, maybe then the extra cooling will be worth it

jeebus, u got more in that computer than most people have in their cars!

lol. happens each year. around feb of each year,, the people at my company get a bonus..... 14days of pay lol. I am usually greedy and spend it on myself and dont let my wife have any

I put a res in between my pump and cpu and it leaked, the cpu block squeezes the water though so it creates pressure which will mae the fitting behind it leak, aka, the reseviors fitting, you can try it but make sure you have a good fit to it, if you just make it pump cpu block, they both have really good made connectors so they dont leak, most reseviors have bad rubber gaskets, i even bought a bigger rubber washer and it still leaked

you want your res just before your pump... but i think you found that the hard way. i'm pretty sure the reserviours arn't made to handle pressure aka pushing coolant. it should be after you radiator, before you pump.

lol, gunna be rebuilding this weekend, i placed the peltier on a heatsink last night and fired it up. im excited as **** now, feeling my finger get icy cold when i touched it.

Now im just not sure about the block, i have the maze4-1 peltier,, but i also heard that the swiftech is really good

yea, i'm not too sure bout which is better... i'm more of a theory guy than pragmatic... i'd rec putting a digital thermocouple (temp probe) between your peltier and block to make sure youre keeping the hot side cool enough. i think that is more important than making sure the chip is cool (no doubt about that at this point!). dont want to burn out the pelt pad.

i know i am going to drill a hole in the cold plate and put a thermo in there to measure the cold side. Yea i should measure the hotside too, not quite sure how i want to do it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom