Can I OC my Dell... YES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are up for doing that, than you wouldn't of got a dell in the first place.

It is a nice 1ghz overclock though. How do you increase the voltages?

How do you increase the voltages?
I was thinking that too. I don't think you can. So it is pretty amazing to me if its stable at those speeds, but it sounds like it is.

But I agree, I don't think there are many Dell owners willing to try this :p , but I just found it kind of funny :D

Well, they brought up a pretty good point.

The point is being able to pay $350 for a loaded system or $650 for a loaded system + 2 17" LCDs and still getting the performance boost, by finding a way to OC. Yah sure you can take the easy way out and buy a mobo for $200+ that will change voltage, fsb, and even multipliers on some chips and have it easy but what would be the fun of that?

For example Dell just had a 9100 you could purchase for around $700 that included:

17" LCD
955 chipset mobo
p4 630
geforce 6800
1 gig ddr2 533 fsb
160 gig SATA HD
DVD burner + more such as WinXP

and for those that want to get a very nice system for $700ish, you can't do better than the above especially considering the 630 will OC to 4 ghz.

That makes perfect sense to me!

macdawg said:
pardon my ignorance, but wtf is soldering?

solder is where you have a soldering iron which looks like a pen well some the tip get really hot as hell aand you have a metal wire with you sue both to connect things metal to metal.

waynejkruse10 said:
OMFG, i wouldnt want to put my Soldering Iron and my CPU anywhere near each other!

i've done that sooo many times with various mods of myown....making switches and such...but mainly on my xbox mobo.. not the cpu(but i have done it a few times on my cpu) so, if you know what you're doing then it will all be fine....but heres a tip....keep the girly magazines away while soldering...it keeps the hands steady that way :D

H4x3r said:
i've done that sooo many times with various mods of myown....making switches and such...but mainly on my xbox mobo.. not the cpu(but i have done it a few times on my cpu) so, if you know what you're doing then it will all be fine....but heres a tip....keep the girly magazines away while soldering...it keeps the hands steady that way :D

LMFAO :D

H4x3r said:
I would rather solder a cpu than do that damn top d0 on the xbox, man, what b1tch. I did one that way, definately worth taking the mobo out and use the bottom d0 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom