Can I OC with a 650w power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at work right now bud so I can't! Thanks for your help last night.

Matt, to be honest the guy that is helping me does really know his stuff. He builds computers all the time and does it on the side for income. He use to build servers for the navy(not sure that matters here) . There seems to be a small argument between you guys and him. He thinks I need to stay off forums because he think that OC'ing is going to be different for each computer. Seems true. He said no one knows what type of RAM I have, the amount of volts(?) my RAM requires, he said not every Q6600 is going to OC the same, etc etc.

I went home for lunch and reset back to stock configurations. Restarted and the game that crashed is working fine. No more errors no more problems. My issues had to be OC related. Ever since I OC'ed the computer last night I really never put it under any load. Never ran an app or game or anything. I think the fact I was running that game and a controller put it to the test.

Nos you gonna be around later tonight?

yes i am

and sounds like ur friend said exactly what i said to you!!

that cpu's oc differnet and have different capabilities!!! which is why i asked if it was a recently purchased q6600

and as far as ram goes... we would need to know which specific model of ram you have so we could see what its rated for
(example: 2x1 GB Ballistix Tracers Rated 4-4-4-14 1t @ 1.v) don't know if thats true.. lol but that is an example... if you can find out the model we can definitely help

but setting it to ddr800 5-5-5-15 2t 2.0v is pretty much a guarantee for any set of ddr800 ram

and someone who sets up servers and what not is a totally different field than overclocking :)

i know me few people who specialize in IT and what not... but doesnt mean they know how to take a cpu to 4.0ghz!! lol

Hey Nos you had the same mobo as me once right? Is that red light suppose to be on all the time? The red light that is some what close to the memory.

I did your settings last night Nos but you lost me on the "5-5-5-15 2t 2.0v" part. I know that is settings for the memory but when I went into the memory settings that 5-5-5-15 was already there. I did not know or see anything about 2t or 2.0v?? You logged off at that point so I was winging it!

I know building servers doesn't mean he knows anything about OC but I know the guy knows his stuff. He just hasnt had the time to sit down and try to OC my computer. He has his OC at 3.6GHz but moved it down for stability. So I think he probably knows a fair amount. :)

Your friends right... Every setup is different, but the process is the same.

So that's why we ask all the quyestions, you provide answers, we reply with suggestions.

However, you are to take the knowledge and adapt it to YOUR system as it is one of a kind thing.

EDIT

Thats it.......... I'm done piosting..... 1 phone call and 3 posts happen while i reply.

Your friends right... Every setup is different, but the process is the same.

So that's why we ask all the quyestions, you provide answers, we reply with suggestions.

However, you are to take the knowledge and adapt it to YOUR system as it is one of a kind thing.

EDIT

Thats it.......... I'm done piosting..... 1 phone call and 3 posts happen while i reply.

Yeah I hear you. I appreciate the amount of effort you guys give to someone learning! Can't tell you how many times I questioned him and he knew I was getting my info from a forum so it didn't go over well every time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom