Can I Mod my laser mouse to green laser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
Green laser is stronger, and its not a cheap laser I have, its a 90 dollars laser.

Is it worth it to try to mod it into my mouse? And will it even work?

not sure if I can even do it, ill have to open up my laser to see if I can make it somehow small.

No, you can't. Laser mice use lasers like a CD player, not like a laser pointer (where you can actually see the beam).

You can mod an optical mouse, to change the LED color (relatively simple procedure), but not a laser mouse.

thats what i was thinkin because i tried the same thing but i didnt work with a green LED dont u have to replace the actual laser so that it works with that colour light?

Laser mice don't use an LED to light up the surface. Optical mice do, however.

I have a Razer Lachesis (laser mouse), and it does not have an LED on the bottom to light up the surface. Only optical mice use this, that use an optical sensor.

Edit: quote from a google search on CNET:

The difference between a regular optical mouse and a laser mouse is the light used to track movement. A regular optical mouse uses an LED light in the optical engine, while a laser mouse uses a laser to track movement. The more dots per inch (dpi) a mouse can track, the more sensitive and accurate it is. A typical optical mouse tracks between 400dpi and 800dpi, while laser mice track more than 2,000dpi

aaa right so thats the difference.. I never actually new why some were called optical and others laser. :D

Alright so I won't do it.

And yes its a expensive laser pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom