Can I Install windows xp on a ide HD on this Board - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Carlo Send a message via Yahoo to Carlo
Unhappy Can I Install windows xp on a ide HD on this Board

Hey Guys I want to get this motherboard but i need to know can i put windows xp on ide HD or do i have to install it on a sata HD i got a 20GB ide hd that i want to install xp on to. but i dont have any sata HD so the question is can this be done.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Alex81388

From the site:

Suggestions: (1) You may want to consider purchasing 184-pin DIMMs along with your motherboard if your existing memory is not of this type. (2) Be sure that you are using a Socket 7-compatible processor with this motherboard. (3) If you want to take full advantage of the on-board SATA controller, you will want to consider a hard drive upgrade. Existing IDE hard drives will run on the ATA-133 bus. (4) For motherboard add-ons, check out the storage and components section of CNET's website.
So an IDE harddrive will work easily. You can install anything on any sort of Hard drive really. 20gig's is enough space easily, but not if you have a ton of music and games on there as well.
Sig removed due to foul language. Please read the rules regarding the allowable content of sigs before reposting your COMPLIANT sig.
Closed Thread