can i??

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
my system is running on 2x 256ddr sdram(pc2700)(333mhz)@2.2.2.5. i have 2 dimm slots.i wana get 2x of 1 gig ram and wana get better ram. can i get dual one and my mobo box show that it can support up to 2 gig of ram of 266mhz.what you guys suggest?

well if you have 2 dimm slots and it supports 2 gigs of ram then each slot will take a 1gig stick, therefore to max it out you need 2 sticks of 1gig memory.

i want to verify whether can i get rams example like dual pc3200 and the value of memory eg.333 or higher i can use.can i use all kinds except ddr2 which i know i cant.i wana boost my computer.

As long as the RAM has the same number of pins (184), you're good. Both the RAM you have now and the RAM I linked to are SDRAM, so they both have 184 pins.

If the RAM you buy is faster than what your motherboard is rated, the motherboard will just downclock the RAM to its max.

okay.erm,i've heard from pc shops dealers that after 1gig of ram,there will be no difference.is it true?

galant_mod said:
okay.erm,i've heard from pc shops dealers that after 1gig of ram,there will be no difference.is it true?

Somewhat. For most users 1GB is enough right now. Only 3D artists or people that do heavy processing will really see a significant difference with 2GB. However the difference between 512MB and 1GB is noticeable.

2 gig for gaming.

BF2 is a memory hog. I dunno about other games.

2 gig is pretty much the standard for gamers who build their own for themselves.

i play game like nfs most wanted,at the same time media player and messenger.when i get out of game and start doing other task,my com will be quite laggy.have to wait for awhile to move on.is it the insufficient ram issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom