Can Catalyst interfere with ATI tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hi, I just got my e6600 running 3.0ghz stable, and I'm pretty happy about that. But I have a Sapphire x1950pro running on stock speeds. I'd like to change that. I have downloaded ATI Tool, but can the Catalyst Control Center interfere with that? Is there even a point in running CCC?

I'd just like to know because you can OC with Overdrive on CCC but I hear ATI Tool is the way to go. Thanks!

Edit: When I tried to find the max core and max memory on ATI Tool, I lost a picture completely and had to reboot :(

I have the X1950PRO too. Good luck overclocking though, because they're not good overclockers. I was only able to overclock my core 90MHz, and couldn't touch the memory clocks.

I don't think there is a point to installing CCC. I just install the driver, and use ATI Tool. In my opinion, it's better than CCC's overclocking utility.

You lost picture and had to reboot while finding max core and mem clocks, because it was the absolute max, that the card could take. Just remember the clocks that it lost picture at, and subtract 15-20MHz, to be stable enough. And then run the artifact scanner for 20-30 minutes, making sure there is no artifacts present, during the scan.

What did you get that X1950PRO up to, by the way?

Alright, I took off CCC, and that cut alot of my commit charge, so I'm happy about that. Unfortunatly, when I select "find max core", it gives me a warning about how my ram has been overclocked???

I've never OC'd this card in my life. Anyways, I click "ok" and I loose my picture before I can see any number change in the cpu clock. Am I supposed to loose my picture that fast? Literally as soon as I click ok, my picture is gone. Heck, I even clicked "default" and I lost picture. I can't raise or lower clock position. When I do, and then select "set clock" the numbers return to what they were before.

The really strang thing is, it says in the parenthesis next to "default" that my clock speed is different and my ram speed is very different. Here's a screen to help:

atitool.jpg

Any suggestions?

Oh I see...you're using the wrong version of ATI Tool. That one doesn't support the X1950PRO. You have to use 0.27 beta 1 or 2.

Ah, I shall download this tomorrow probably. I've run out of time at the moment. I'll update tomorrow, thanks.

i OCed my 6600 LE n it reboot too because i OCed it over the safe side.

However, my case is differ compared to urs because since my computer reboot, it malfunctioned n i was forced to use my ATI 9200 LE as my back up until i get a new graphics card. I then accidentally disabled my 9200 LE because my computer was running so slow like tar n i thought disabling the card would do something to help but but made things worse. Turns out that i replaced my default loading screen with a customized one back in November n my computer wont fully boot for some reason when it did when i OCed my 6600 LE too much.

THAT is y my computer is down since Feb 07.

THERE WE GO, i just summarized what is wrong with my computer lol.

Meh, only got core from 580 to 600 to pass a 20min stress test. This really does OC like garbage. I don't have the x1950pro ultimate though.

The pro cards weren't really much of an overclocker to begin with. But it is good enough at stock. The highest I got mine, was 670, but I couldn't touch the memory.

Yeah this card is great at stock. If you pair it with a 7900gs at stock speeds, the x1950 will win quite a bit of the time. Problem is, 7900gs is a better OCer than the x1950, so the pro looses this one. I can't be that mad though. I can't expect everything to OC as well as a good old C2D :p

I don't do the standard drivers. I use Omega drivers. A lot less crap, and they are optimized already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom