Cable Sleeving/ Molex Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
I bought some cable sleeving,the nylon kind, and I need to remove the molex connectors to put the sleeving on. Does anyone know a way to remove them? I tried Needlenose pliers but I found out the plugs have a barb kinda like a fishing hook that bends or breaks off when u pull it out, the result is you can't put the pins back into the molex connector. I saw a tool on www.xoxide.com that removes them but I'm kinda cheap and don't want to buy a tool that I will only use once.

All you need is a tiny screw driver. If you look into the molex connector there are two tabs on both sides of the connector. For each connector you have to bend the tab into the connector and pull the connector out from the bottom. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

You dont acutally take apart the plastic connectors, you push the tabs on the sides of the metal pin connectors. Let me see if i cant dig up a guide somehwere....

Gl\l0m!$h said:
wow it costs ten bucks that hella a rip off u no it costs them bout a nickle to make...

Exactly and plus I'm only gonna use it once. I finished the sleeving and put the connectors back on. I should have pics by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom