Cable Sleeving... =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0n

Solid State Member
ok now im sure there is a answer for this, but i thought i would ask just incase,

with Cable Sleeving, how does the molex's and plugs and all the big bits fit thru it? do they? if not i dont see much point. It doesnt say anywere its strechy, i was sota hoping caz thats just plain obvious.

Does a molex fit thru cable sleevin?

They dont, you remove the molex connectors with a special tool made just for that purpose.

Both the male and female end removers can be found at a place like www.xoxide.com, it's a pain in the butt to do

Some sleaving say's it will stretch over molex's but the worst part is the power connector for the mobo,You will have to remove the mobo connector no matter what you try :(

Some people use electrice tape to sleeve, or sleeving tape as some call it. You could wrap it around anything. The only issue there would be removing it.

Nubius said:
the other issue is that it is generally ugly :p

Hah. At least you can match it with your case color. It beats that rainbow colored ATX extension I have. 24 damned wires of rainbow goodness :D

yeah my thermaltake came pre-sleeved...losers don't know how to color coordinate....the 4pin aux is yellow, the 20pin main connector is orange, all the other 4pin molex connectors are a light blue...I'll be damned if I'm going to bother re-sleeving it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom