Cable Management Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosidius

Beta member
First off the inside of my pc...

img0114rv.jpg

It's horrible and whenever the time comes that I'll want to add a new hard drive or whatever it's going to be pain with this cable mess. Any tips to hiding these cables? My case is a Antec Six Hundred.

Thanks

Just using a couple zip ties could work wonders for your cable management. Most of your cables are longer than you need them to be, this makes cable management a little easier.

Here is a quick throw together, I am not the best at cable management, hopefully someone with more skill will help you soon.

white circle and arrow means move this cable here.
the blue circles mean bind the cables using however many zip-ties necessary.
img0114rv2.jpg

For any cables that aren't long anough to route out of theway, you can order cable extenders (like for your rear fan, but surely there is a fan header on the back of the board... somewhere...?).

Your four-pin mobo cable can be routed beneath your graphics card, between the rear of the case and the PCI-E slot. this will let it run up the back corner out of the way.

Your IDE cable can be pulled down against the back of the case, behind the main connector's wires.

Most of the cables can be bundled as GhOsT1321 mentioned, but I would only bundled power cables. These can be pushed into the area behind your drive cage.

Everything else like SATA, front connectors, and such can be pushed to the back and routed behind the drive cage so they are out of sight and out of the way of the airflow.

I did some work on rewiring. This is what I managed to do:

img0116ip.jpg

img0117gam.jpg

img0118j.jpg

Tried to re-route the big motherboard power connector but the panel on the other side wouldnt fit. Also had a scare when after I finished the system refused to post but I think that fixed itself. :p

Edit: I forgot to move the 8 pin beneath the video card. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom