burn in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running

Daemon Poster
ive been reading osme reviews about the mushkin redline series and many people said that you need to burn in these sticks to get the maximum performance. how would you burn it in?

Run it hot for a while. Basically pump some voltage to it without overclocking it, and just let it run warm for a few hours or longer. Maybe cut the fans in your case to get it warmer, jsut make sure you're not toasting it.

This allows for the RAM to get used to running hotter, and expands it. Basically speaking, it will "expand" the amount it can overclock, but this isn't always true. Sometimes it merely lets it begin to overclock alot easier, or sometimes it does nothing.

just run some heavy 3dbenchmarks looped, sisoftware sandra memory bench looped, memtest86+ looped (more specifically I think test #5 is supposed to be really taxing on the RAM and heat it up, but I can't remember for sure), prime95s blend mode will heat em up

It definitely worked on my 6600GTs memory..yes I realize we're talking about different memory but the principle is the same...I couldn't go above 999MHz and then after a week of burn in time it hit 1101.....sometimes it makes a noticeable difference, sometimes it doesnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom