Bulidng A laptop for Grad. Project, Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaktree5489

Baseband Member
Im a sophomore in high school and i am very interested in bulidng a laptop for my Graduation Project. I have not bulit any PC's yet but i do know what it takes to bulid one and make it work. At least a desktop. I know a laptop is a different story but im willing to try.

Heres the just:
● I need to know how to get parts for a kick a** comp
● I was wondering if cases are abdundant and if im going to fit all the parts i need into it
● Im do not know much on compatibility and need some help in that field (if your willing)
● does the monitor come with the case?

Thank You for your help

Look Laptop building id extremely difficult and even the pros leave building laptops to manfuacturors. I suggest that if you THINK about building a laptop then you should start w/ desktops first to get the hang of building and errors. For a good Laptop i recomend Alienware(which i have) or a Voodoo.

You can get parts at online places like Tigerdirect.com or newegg.com.

Again, I wouldn't try the laptop deal. It's easier and less expensive to get parts for a desktop. Since you seem unfamiliar, you might want to look for a nice "barebones" kit that gives you the case, CPU, motherboard, keyboard and speakers that you have to put together, and then take it from there.

And cases are made to fit all the parts into. ;)

If you read descriptions closely it's not hard to match things up, but you can always ask a question here, people are very friendly and helpful.

Monitors don't come with desktop cases, at least none I've seen. You could always look for an inexpensive 15" CRT or a refurbished LCD, though if you're building a desktop you might be able to just hook it up to one of the monitors around the school there.

Hope that's some help.

Just build a briefcase computer with a build in LCD. It's a lil bigger than a laptop and alot heavier...but it serves the same purpose and looks really good:)

4w4k3, you seem really positive on these briefcase computers, have you built one? what did you put in it? an ATX board? and just mounted it to th briefcase? then mount an LCD in it? plug all of it into a power strip then leave the powerstrip cord bared on the outside? plug it in and your set to go with your comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom