Built PC - Won't POST ($5 paypal if ya can fix it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wachter

Solid State Member
Just finished building my first PC two days ago, but I cannot get it to post. The case turns on, lights up, mobo gets powered, fans and hdd go, but nothing comes up on the monitor. I am getting a beep code of one beep that lasts for one second and occurs once every three seconds, on a continuous loop. On the awards bios this is a memory issue I believe, but I have done everything imaginable with the memory for no result. This has stumped the techpc forums, and the ocforums, but maybe one of you knows the solution. If so ill send you a meager 5 dollars through paypal, which you can use to buy yourself a cookie or something.

Things I have tried:

1. Checked all wires
2. Reseating RAM
3. Switching DIMM's, one and two at a time
4. Rechecked mainboard standoffs
5. Took out and put back in vid card
6. Tried with only mainboard, video card, memory, and hd

Things ruled out:

1. Electrostatic Damage
2. Mainboard is properly on standoffs
3. PSU is good

My system:

AMD 3700+ (1MB Clawhammer)
Soltek K8N2E-GR Nvidia 3 250gb Mainboard (754 socket)
XFX 128mb Geforce 6600GT
WD 80GB SATA
1GB Corsair VS RAM (unbuffered, dual channel) (ya i know 754 cant utilize dual channel, but it was cheaper to buy the dual channel).

its a stock 400watt, but many, many people have had 6600GT's run fine on it from w hat I hear in forums and on newegg reviews.

as always the jumper managed to slip out and go into a little crevice at the corner...but the reset did nothing.

!!! Was taking out the RAM sticks, and after I took out the first just for kicks I flipped the switch and it worked! When I was doing this before I must not have had it seated properly or something, or perhaps Im just getting lucky now. either way its on!

So either I got one bad RAM or one bad dimm slot, and thats easy to find out.

was shawns suggestion to take it out...but I didnt try any new ram in it. Thats worth like 2.50 if ya want it. Then again paypal charges you 2 bucks to receive usually. So you can get 50 cents...which can't even buy a cookie, and defeats the purpose of "give yourself a cookie"

anyhow, thanks to all! I was getting desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom