KevBhoy

Beta member
Before it start heres the Basic specs of it

Epox - EP-8k9AI motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1800
Maxtor 80 GB HD
350W PSU
512mb DDR pc2700 RAM

And a Questionable - Link 3D Geforce FX 5200 128mb AGP TV Graphics card.

My problem is that monitor won't come out of stand by on booting
, everything else seems to be working, the harddrive processor and graphics fans all power on which sounds normal. but another is that all the keyboard lights all up and stay on when trying to boot aswell and if u turn it off from the front switch they're still lit (HUM) but my main concern is why the monitor ain't switching on.
i think now it may be a compatability issue with the graphics card but am no expert thats why i need a push in the right direction.

Am thinking the graphics card i have ain't the right type for my board. I've typed the specs of the board and graphics below.
Am i little confused about AGP slots. and my board dosen't have on board graphics so thats a bugger.

Board Supports
AGP 3.0 interface with 8X 4X 2X @ 1.5v only
Supports Maximum bandwidth of 2.1GB/s

Geforce FX 5200

Back of the Box States Minimum System Requirments:

IBM PC or IBM Comaptible System
Intel pentium 2/3/4
AMD K6/K7 CPU or higher
Availible AGP 2.0 or 3.0 slot
SVGA Monitor

Heres pics of the Board and G/Card

EP-8K9AI-big.jpg

5200%20fx.jpg

So do you think thid is my my problem. Thanks in advance for any help that forcomes.

Kevin.

JDGreen92086 said:
Is their power to the video card?

Obveously not, look at the picture.

Have you got a speaker plugged into your motherboard so you can here POST Beep Code Errors? That should help debug some of the problems. If you do, post the beep patterns.

Okay, thats the same card used in his PC...

I don't know why the hell I have to argue with you.

Answer: NO, a 5200 will never require power, don't think any 5 series does.

Did you uninstall previous drivers? Also, I'm pretty sure that your card is compatible with your mobo, as if it weren't, your card would fry.

Hi there is no system bleeps at all, as i say this the first time it's been powered up.
I disconected all other hardware so that only the harddrive processor and video card and keyboard where being powered on, still the same.
also removed the ram to see if i get any bleeps but none at all.
cleared the CMOS , no change

but there is a 2 pin connector on the graphics card any idea what that s for?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom