Building Quietest Production PC Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCWIKLIN

Beta member
Hello Everyone,
I am actually a newbie to your forum, but here's the deal. I am in the buisiness of computer case design. We are currently working on a project that is to be the quietest pc case on the market. I am currently doing some final research and opinions on case fans, I am looking at an 80MM Case fan, by Nexus.. which claims a 17.6DBA noise level, which is basically undetectable to the human ear. The problem being... it only pumps out about 20.2CFM ... which is a fair amount of air... but not quite enough. So my question is this.. does anyone have any ideas on a quieter or higher airflow fan... and if so what kind and how much. The prototype case we are working on now... has a 19.3DBA sound check... which you can hear... but barely, because of the fact that this case is to go into production we need to be cost effective as well.. So no fans over $30CAD... thank you for you time... and I hope you can help me out.

Michael Cwiklinski
CanorTech Inc.

Welcome to Tech Forums. As for your quiet case, will it also keep everything inside it cool? You know, like a Lian Li case would?

Thanks for the welcome dan.. and yes the case is to cool about 12% more efficiantly then the coolmaster series cases... so ya virtually undetectable noise levels... and plus cooling of a noisey fan populated case... in regard to the 120mm fans... they are fairley but do not even come close to the 17.6DBA's that the 80mm fan pulls off... keep on shooting ideas at me.. if you got em' thanks guys

Thanks alot Shumway!... that is very helpfull!!... and it's just borderline to the price we are looking at...

But on to the second question... I need to find out what kind of materials I should use to seal the case itself... should it be rubber, or a silicone based material, or maybe something completely different... suggestions anyone?

I think rubber would reduce any vibrations, and maybe you could line the interior with the stuff they use in cars. I'll find a link here in a sec.

Okay it's called dynamat and it's used in automobiles to keep sounds from going in or out supposedly. LOL they even make it for computers, my bad, oh well just click the computers link. It has a cool little flash intro on it here- http://www.dynamat.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom