Building a PC ? need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinG

Baseband Member
Hello how yall doing ?

Well as you can see from the title i need some help building a pc which will be used for gaming. I am looking at getting a AMD Athlon 3200 + but am not sure which kind of motherboard to get with that..... and depending on what motherboard what kind of ram.

I was originally looking at a Abit NF7 s-2 with 2 kingston DDR400 512 Ram sticks totaling 1 GB. Would this run stable or should i lean towards a ASUS board with Corsair ?

Well if u have any true suggestion please jot them down for me.

Thank you
Kevin G

Welcome to the boards kevinG.

Sounds like youve got a good head on your shoulders so far about the build. Both setups are very acceptable.

I recently built a new PC with a Barton 3200+, Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and Corsair XMS memory so thats (obviously) where I would go with it.

If you have any more questions about the build, feel free to ask!

hey,

thanks, umm well if they are both good setups so far, what would u think is most cost efficent for the stuff im getting... or what would be the cheapest for the best parts ?? lol

thanks alot
KevinG

Well... the ASUS mobo runs $15 more than the Abit, and the CorsairXMS runs $60 (for a full gig) more than Kingston HyperX. So is cost is the concern here, the Abit with Kingston may be what you wanna look at.

For ALL shopping go to www.newegg.com if you havent already. They have everything you need at lower prices than youll find anywhere else and their service is absolutely top notch. $2100 worth of PC components delivered to me in 4 buisness days recently. They are the best, and IMO the only, place to shop for PC parts.

Once again, any more questions feel free to ask away!

I am not of Shrapnill-level techi knowledge, but I think that the motherboard, processor, and RAM are 3 places where you shouldn't skimp on a gaming PC. In which case the AMD 3200, ASUS mobo, and Corsair XMS RAM would be the best.

If you're trying to be cost-effective, don't buy a $150 case, UV stuff, a DVD burner, etc.

Heh... thanks Orb.

The NF7 isnt what I would call skimping by any means. I mean... its not like hes buying a PC chips mobo and DANE-ELEC Ram. I myself considered the NF7-S and Kingston memory.

But Orb does have a point in the last area. In building a PC put your money into what matters. All the fringe crap can come later, the important stuff is all you really need for now.

:)

Alright, im probly going to go with the asus/3200/corsair 400 watt case w/ 5 fans and right now.... and possiblly the ATI Radeon 9800XT 256mb/256-bit if the price goes down alot... some time this spring/summer

thanks alot for your help Shrapnill and True Orb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom