Building a new pc :) Just need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TidyKeefus

Beta member
Im building another new pc up and want some advice on what hardware components to get.

The case i have ordered is an Antec Aria Micro ATX Cube Case - 300W PSU (CA-021-AN)

The Motherboard that I have ordered is a FoxConn NF4K8MA-KS nForce4 Micro ATX (Socket 939) Motherboard (MB-000-FC)

Both ordered from http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/

What advice I now need is

What Graphics card to get.. At the moment my eyes are on the Asus Extreme N6600GT GeForce PCX6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-055-AS)

Im looking to spend no more than £150 on graphics card if possible. Also I currently have a Radeon 9600 128mb pro AGP. Will this work with my new motherboard. I dont think it will but just wanna check.

What AMD CPU should i get. I really wanna blow most my student loan on a 3500xp 64 winchester, but my mate is saying the 3000xp 64 has excellent reviews, and its cheaper and can be overclocked well. Does it have to be socket 939 aswell to support my motherboard as i have a 2800xp normal processor at the moment. Will it work in my new motherboard

Random Access Memory, Looking for 1 gig of nice fast ram :) Currently got my eyes on http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_This_Week_Only_25.html GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5 (GE1GB3200BHDC) (MY-005-GL)

My mate says this will work fine with my pc and its ment to be really good.

Harddrives arent a problem. I usually stick to WD or Maxtor and have had no problems. :D

Just so many pc hardware i cant keep up with all the new technology and what it does.

Thanks in advance for Replys

Keith

you will need a amd64 939 with your motheboard. You 2800xp wont fit. Im building soon and im getting a Amd64 3000+ skt 939, it seems good and i dont think its necasary to get the 3500+

The 6600gt is supposed to be a good card although its only 128mb its DDR3.I think your radeon should work too if its AGP and your motherboard supports AGP.

If u wanna OC then get the 3200 on stock cooling on a test bench they can get to 3800 speeds and thats a poor oc for them. a lot of people have easelly supparsed that with stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom