Building my Watercooling system

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroordie

In Runtime
My stock cpu fan i currently have is really noisy and not very effective and so I would like to build my own watercooling solutions for my pc.
This would be my first build of the kind, so i'd like any of you to give me every little bit of information you have on building a watercooling system. If you could list all the tools and items i need as well this would be nice.
thx :)

I would have a look at Nubius's guide to watercooling at the top of this forum. After you've read that, then post back with specific questions.:D

I wouldnt bother building one if it is your first. Things could go wrong, and when you are concerning expensive electronics with water running through them you want to minimize the risk of things going wrong. Get a full kit, one already peiced together. Put that in, work on it, tweak it, figure it out, and when you feel you are ready, build one. Go to www.dangerden.com they have some good kits therer.
Good luck!

I'd agree with Him on this, as a first time watercooler, I'd stick to a kit. Going custom is a better, but you need to learn first. With regards to a kit, don't bother getting a kit with a Chipset / Northbridge block, as they are only restrictive and don't play a major role in overclocking. The NB fan isn't load in any case.

As said in another thread.......don't mess with kits at all "first time" is a stupid excuse for not building your own water cooling kit..........I already made the mistake of getting a kit and theres nothing 'safer' there than building your own......the guide plus people here is enough to get you knowledgable enough to piece your own together........you'd just be wasting money getting a kit when for approx the same price you can get a lot mor performance.

Him - you should really stop making it sound like WC'ing is this big difficult task to handle and that people should stick with kits the first time around because it's a load of crap.

Hey man, I'm just going by what I've always been told. Whenever I'm at XS asking about water cooling, they immdiately think it is my first system and to get a kit for my first one.

that's BS dude.....no one at XS recommends getting a kit.....when I first went there maxxx was ready there to give me all the info I needed to build my own setup and insisted on not going with a kit......Maxxx is probably one of the more knowledgable people within the liquid cooling section as well.......theres nothing in a kit that makes it easier than putting it together yourself especially when you have a full blown guide + people to tell you what you need

Thats totally notr BS man, i was told for my first water cooling I should get a kit as with that it would be much harder to have things come apart and water destroying your parts.

Dont take it out on me man, I'm just going by what I've been told. however, after some not-so-in-depth thinking, I decided you are correct. I have a kit currently, Thermaltake Aquarius II, I got it for $20 from my friend, and it is crap. The other day it was sooo god damn hot out, like 90 or 95, and it heated up the water. My tubes are some 1/4 OD!!!!! Henceforth, lousy flow and lousy cooling. I normally idle at 100 or so (with water cooling) but on that day I was idling at 117. I take back all I said about kits, unless you are really weary about water cooling. B ut, as Nubi said, build it. It's quite easy.

I've got a custom kit for sale if anyone is interested. Check my sig for details. My 2.4 running @ 3.2 never exceeds 38 degrees under load.

I'm not 'taking it out' on you Him.....I don't know who the hell told you to get a kit your first time at XS, but when I went there, everyone had a thorough hatred for kits and was more than willing to help me get on my way with a proper water cooling setup. Even as gaara said you're making it seem like the whole process is harder and scarier than it really is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom