Building my first box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... try your best to get socket 939. If you have to wimp out on other things, then do it. Socket 939 is futureproof for the time being and every AMD processor that comes out is made for socket 939. It'll save you money in the long run because when it is time to upgrade, you won't need a new motherboard and everything.

Alright, i'm going to wind up with a 939 Pin 3500 Venice, and the MSI MoBo.

EDIT: Any reccomendations of a good case and PSU?

Well, he might not want to upgrade. He might want to keep his computer for a few years, then buy a whole new one. When you think about upgrading, its just a waste of money. Sure, your getting better performance, but your also throwing away the old parts that you paid for too. Unless you can resell them, it would be too much of a hastle to upgrade, especially the processor. Upgrading the video card is ok, if you didn't pay huge prices for it. Ram is ok too, since more ram never really hurts. But upgrading the cpu is really expensive, especially if you payed 150 dollars for the old one.

When you buy your computer parts, think to yourself. Will you ever upgrade? Will it be worth it in the future to upgrade? How much money wil you be willing to spend on the upgrade? Will you see a huge perfromance hike? Would building a new computer be more cost efficient than upgrading?

Think this through. Don't just go by what other people say because they want to upgrade. If you aren't planning on upgrading, socket 754 is a perfectly good choice. You can get better computer parts for less with socket 754, and can probably do fine with it for the next 2-4 yearsl. However, if you plan on spending money on upgrading in the near future(like withing 1-2 years), then get the 939.

Thankc HACP. After thinking that over, i'm going to stick with the socket 754. I am going to be going away to college in 2 years, and this box most likely wont be going with me. I will most likely end up with a nice laptop (AMD Of course ;)) so i think i'm sticking with the 754.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom