Building a GODLY comp, come tell me what's wrong with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you like intel, "I do" i'd spend another $100.00 and go with the P4 EE 3.73GHz with FSB 1066MHz.

He wants a gaming rig, not a space heater. He also want performance for his money. For how much he'd spend on the P4 he could instead get an A64 FX-57 when it comes out and have MUCH better performance and the ability to obtain a MUCH better oc without having to get watercooling. Whereas with that P4 his gaming would suffer a little and the temps would be MUCH higher than the A64. There for if he wanted a decent OC he WOULD have to be out the extra cash for water cooling. Not the best buy there.

Stick with the A64, it is proven better in gaming by far IN ALL AREAS THAT DEAL WITH GAMING: Performance, Price, Features, and OVERCLOCKABILITY.

Need I post more benchmarks to drive this home even further? There ARE plenty more if you aren't satisfied that AMD IS the better choice for gaming- all you have to do is ask! ;)

ya amd is better. if ur just sayin all this about intel bein better its prolly because u hav heard about them more and never heard of AMDs. Go Amd its cheaper and way better.

I saw a link to this in the AMDZone forum. Some good points brought up here about A64 vs Extreme Edition, but I think he already made his decision. The thread is over 9 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom